Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
What Next?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What Next?

I had surgery in July 2007; a partial hysterectomy.  At that time my during surgery my Ovaries were examined and were found to be spotless.  In Oct. 2007 an internal Ultrasound found a ~ 6cm tumor on one ovary, other ovary was saturated with small tumors through-out.  I had surgery Nov. 2007 for Ovarian Cancer.  It was caught early (still in a Pre-Cancer stage) and no further treatments were necessary.  I go in for a follow up in May where they will do tests/biopsies to be sure the cancer cells are not in other tissues.

Since my surgery (was done abdominally) I have resumed an exercise program and have lost inches everywhere but not in my waist area.  I am on a hormone patch.  This is concerning to me because I have never had a "tummy" before (or a waistline over 30" ~ it has resided at 34" since surgery)...  any ideas, should I be concerned?  I also seem to fluctuate alot mood wise and fatigue, I find myself very fatigued in the afternoons (I'm only 42) ~ thoughts?.  Also, what will follow-up look like?  What can I expect?  I am very anxious as you can imagine.  
Tags: ovarian
Related Discussions
242604_tn?1328124825
Hi There,
it sounds like you have had  great care. I am so glad that everything has worked out.
Many women experience what you are experiencing which is a redistribution of the body fat after a hysterectomy. I have not seen anything written on this but in my own practice this does seem to happen for women who go on estrogen replacement therapy. It maybe true-true- unrelated. I am just  raising the question of whether ERT might play a role in this redistribution.

It could also be related to your family genes, aging, change in metabolism.

You could try cutting the dose on your estrogen to see if over a few month period you are able to change your waistline
best wishes
2 Comments
Blank
Thank you for your post.  

Is there any alternative that you recommend that has worked for your patients beside HRT?? I am 42 years old so this is all early for me to be dealing with ~ but obviously with the situation the surgery needed to take place or I might not be here writing you.....  

I see that your practice is out of Boston, Ma.  I grew up just outside of Worcester, Ma.  all of my family still resides in New England.  I am in Colorado.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
This Forum's Experts
563773_tn?1374250139
Bhupinder Kaur, MDBlank
Private practice
Blank
Request an Appointment
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker