Ovarian Cancer Community
What Questions Should I Ask?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What Questions Should I Ask?

Hoping someone can share info:  I am 48 and just found on ultrasound a 4 cm cyst with a thin septa on one ovary, and a 3 cm cyst on the other (they did not provide much info on the 2nd cyst).  I have an appointment on Thursday with the gyno, who said we would talk about it then, and probably just track it with ultrasounds in 6-8 weeks.  Are there any specific questions I should ask at my appointment?  Does this sound like something to worry about?  The ultrasound technician seemed concerned, but the doctor did not.  Any information you could provide would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
1 Comment
Blank
667078_tn?1316004535
It is hard not to worry. I do not know what to ask. They can tell a lot from ultrasounds. My rule of thumb is to let the people in the white coats do the worrying. I have had them think I had oral cancer, gall bladder cancer, an aneurysm, brain tumor, Lupus,and few other things which all turned out to be nothing. Medicine has a lot of ruling things out. Hopefully they are just PCOS and will resolve themselves. Good luck. It okay to be nervous but hopefully it will be okay.

Alex
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...