Ovarian Cancer Community
What are symptoms of i guess cyst on ovaries?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I've wondered this for a while, b/c of looking up my symptoms on the internet, i thought i could have cyst or have even progressed beyound that.  I have pains that kinda just ache i guess everywhere, it started to just be my legs, and the pain comes and is gone like maybe 15 to 30 seconds later.  but i have it in my arms now too.  All times of the day.  I went to the dr about this last year and he said it was most likely my back and did an MRI and it came back that i have a slipped disk in my lower back and that's where the pain comes from, but i also have sharp pain sometimes in the same spot on my left side of my abdomen.  I have had a gas problem since this started. And have gained weight, mostly in my stomach. Could this be from a cyst that has grown or what?  I am currently 12 wks pregnant also, so i'm sure the doc will give me an ultra sound, i have my 2nd appt thursday and plan to tell him these symtoms (symptoms) but i just wanted to know what u guys think. May be nothing...
I had no symptoms.  I had 2 ultrasounds prior to the one done at 35 weeks (which detected the 12 cm x 12 cm cyst).
oh. well i mean i don't know, it might just be me over reacting but.  So what are u going to do about yours?
the pain in your arms and legs is probably the result of the pinched nerve.  Pain in your left abdominal region and even upper thigh could be what physicians call "referred pain"  involving your kidneys, or ovaries.  The comment about gas is familiar to me, I thought I was developing a very bad gas retention problem when I first noticed my cyst, at that point it was about 5-6cm.  I thought it was a gas bubble I couldn't get rid of because, indeed, I was having trouble passing gas, and contipation.  By the time I had it checked I looked 5 months pregnant and the cyst was 20cm.  Luckily for you, you already have an ultrasound scheduled.  I would sit tight for that appointment and keep an eye on the symtoms (symptoms) you are experiencing, let your doctor know everything.
Thanks so much for the comments!  I will keep the log and show my dr! I will let you all know!
Welcome.  Write down all of your symptoms so that you don't forget them when you are in your drs. office.  That can happen since your mind is going in several different directions.  Just keep a daily log of what you are feeling and then you can go over the list with your dr.  Keep us posted.  
~Tascha
latlety my cramps have been worse than ive ever had in my whole life..sometimes when i have sex i get the wost sharp killer pain in my pelvis...i spot bleed sometimes and the dr. gave my birthcontroll but nothing is getting better...ive gained alot of weight just in my stomach and get real bad gas..i feel sick and get my periods late..i was just wondering if these could be signs of a cyst...someone let me know and help me out............                                               thanks
Yes, this is a sign of a cyst.  I noticed that you posted your question at the end of a much older post.  Since that time we now have an ovarian cyst forum.  It would be best if you could repost over on that forum where there are quite a number of ladies who can share their experience with you.