What does Fluid Mean?
I have had symptoms and an elevated (73) CA125 for over six months. I have gone through many tests and my oncologist says he does not feel I have o/c. I am told we will keep an eye on the CA125 and do another transvaginal in 4-6 months. In the mean while I got a copy of the transvaginal I had done, the oncologist has not seen this yet since it was ordered by my gastro doctor. It states a small amount of fluid was found within the endometrial canal/cavity. Does this mean anything and should I bring this to his attention? All of the tests I have had done were done by a gynocologist, the oncologist only saw results and did an internal exam. I have only seen him once and that was just for a final opinion. Your response is appreciated.
My question is whether a small amount of fluid found within the endometrial canal/cervix requires further investigation? I know my gyno has reasurred me he does not feel I have cancer yet the symptoms are persistant and a transvaginal from 9-12-03 states no fluid and one from 9-30-03 states there is. Should this difference in impresions be further investigated? You mentioned a malignancy could cause a rise in CA125. I recently discovered I have meningioma near the carotid artery yet these are normally benign. I will be seeing a neurologist next week.
Hey devland,

You will probably have too repost your question adn refer the doc back too this thread.  BUT--I can give you some info on the meningioma.  A large-almost all meningiomas are benign yes--and are NOT related too any previous malignancy as I have been told in the past.  Have you had a repeat MRI done for the meningioma?  (((((HUGS))))))))))    eloridas