Ovarian Cancer Community
What does Fluid Mean?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does Fluid Mean?

I have had symptoms and an elevated (73) CA125 for over six months. I have gone through many tests and my oncologist says he does not feel I have o/c. I am told we will keep an eye on the CA125 and do another transvaginal in 4-6 months. In the mean while I got a copy of the transvaginal I had done, the oncologist has not seen this yet since it was ordered by my gastro doctor. It states a small amount of fluid was found within the endometrial canal/cavity. Does this mean anything and should I bring this to his attention? All of the tests I have had done were done by a gynocologist, the oncologist only saw results and did an internal exam. I have only seen him once and that was just for a final opinion. Your response is appreciated.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
My question is whether a small amount of fluid found within the endometrial canal/cervix requires further investigation? I know my gyno has reasurred me he does not feel I have cancer yet the symptoms are persistant and a transvaginal from 9-12-03 states no fluid and one from 9-30-03 states there is. Should this difference in impresions be further investigated? You mentioned a malignancy could cause a rise in CA125. I recently discovered I have meningioma near the carotid artery yet these are normally benign. I will be seeing a neurologist next week.
Blank
Hey devland,

You will probably have too repost your question adn refer the doc back too this thread.  BUT--I can give you some info on the meningioma.  A large-almost all meningiomas are benign yes--and are NOT related too any previous malignancy as I have been told in the past.  Have you had a repeat MRI done for the meningioma?  (((((HUGS))))))))))    eloridas
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank