Ovarian Cancer Community
What does Fluid Mean?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does Fluid Mean?

I have had symptoms and an elevated (73) CA125 for over six months. I have gone through many tests and my oncologist says he does not feel I have o/c. I am told we will keep an eye on the CA125 and do another transvaginal in 4-6 months. In the mean while I got a copy of the transvaginal I had done, the oncologist has not seen this yet since it was ordered by my gastro doctor. It states a small amount of fluid was found within the endometrial canal/cavity. Does this mean anything and should I bring this to his attention? All of the tests I have had done were done by a gynocologist, the oncologist only saw results and did an internal exam. I have only seen him once and that was just for a final opinion. Your response is appreciated.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
My question is whether a small amount of fluid found within the endometrial canal/cervix requires further investigation? I know my gyno has reasurred me he does not feel I have cancer yet the symptoms are persistant and a transvaginal from 9-12-03 states no fluid and one from 9-30-03 states there is. Should this difference in impresions be further investigated? You mentioned a malignancy could cause a rise in CA125. I recently discovered I have meningioma near the carotid artery yet these are normally benign. I will be seeing a neurologist next week.
Blank
Hey devland,

You will probably have too repost your question adn refer the doc back too this thread.  BUT--I can give you some info on the meningioma.  A large-almost all meningiomas are benign yes--and are NOT related too any previous malignancy as I have been told in the past.  Have you had a repeat MRI done for the meningioma?  (((((HUGS))))))))))    eloridas
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
05/15 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank