What does free fluid mean? and is it always bad?
Is that what causes bloating?  Can cysts cause free fluid?
TIA

Julie
no free fluid isnt always bad...it could be leaking from a cyst or a number of other things other then just fluid from a tumour. Both times when i was diagnosed with "complex cysts" there some free fluid around them, and both times 6 weeks later the cyst and the fluid was gone.
Thank you.

Did u have a lot of cramping w/ your cysts?  Did you feel differently when they were gone, right away I mean?

When I had an ultrasound my left ovary was bigger than the right ovary. My left ovary contained a solid vascular corpus luteum with bi-polar dimensions, and there was some free fluid around the left ovary assosiated with the corpus luteum. I had a C.T later on and I had a cyst on my left ovary 2.8x3cm the doctor said it was most likely representing a functional cyst.

I'm not sure myself what free fluid around the ovaries means.

I also have endometriosis, which gives me a lot of cramping problems.

Hope you are feeling better.

Kate
i felt crampy with them, then i had the agonizing pain when they started to rupture, then a few days later i felt better for the most part.
I've had free fluid since my first u/s in January....It doesn't always just go away....but it doesn't always mean something bad either. There's no way to know for sure unless it is biopsied.
Take care,
(((Raynbow