Ovarian Cancer Community
What does free fluid mean? and is it always bad?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does free fluid mean? and is it always bad?

Is that what causes bloating?  Can cysts cause free fluid?
TIA

Julie
Related Discussions
5 Comments
Blank
118225_tn?1278658540
no free fluid isnt always bad...it could be leaking from a cyst or a number of other things other then just fluid from a tumour. Both times when i was diagnosed with "complex cysts" there some free fluid around them, and both times 6 weeks later the cyst and the fluid was gone.
Blank
Thank you.

Did u have a lot of cramping w/ your cysts?  Did you feel differently when they were gone, right away I mean?
Blank
Hi,

When I had an ultrasound my left ovary was bigger than the right ovary. My left ovary contained a solid vascular corpus luteum with bi-polar dimensions, and there was some free fluid around the left ovary assosiated with the corpus luteum. I had a C.T later on and I had a cyst on my left ovary 2.8x3cm the doctor said it was most likely representing a functional cyst.

I'm not sure myself what free fluid around the ovaries means.

I also have endometriosis, which gives me a lot of cramping problems.

Hope you are feeling better.

Kate
Blank
118225_tn?1278658540
i felt crampy with them, then i had the agonizing pain when they started to rupture, then a few days later i felt better for the most part.
Blank
I've had free fluid since my first u/s in January....It doesn't always just go away....but it doesn't always mean something bad either. There's no way to know for sure unless it is biopsied.
Take care,
(((Raynbow
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank