Ovarian Cancer Community
What does high attenuation wall mean?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

What does high attenuation wall mean?

I had severe pain in my left ovary area and after getting a CT scan it stated that I had a small cyst in the adnexal region with high attenuation wall.  May be partially hemorrhagic.  Not sure what that means, does anyone have any insight?  I was in the ER and the doctor pretty much treated me like a number and sent me home without explaining this in detail.

Thanks for any help!
Tags: Pain
1 Comment
I am not sure what "high attenuation wall" means but you can go to the Expert Forum - look on sidebar on the right - and ask a doctor there..........when my tumor was first found by ultrasound the radiologist said it might be a complex hemorrhagic cyst as well , which is one that bleeds into itself or something like that - which gives it a kind of solid appearance. (this was ultrasound though - not CT like yours- so it was harder to tell.......) These kinds of cysts can go away by themselves I understand - they usually watch them for awhile and if they are large and don't start to shrink, then will remove them. (at least - this is what they were going to do with me.........)

I of course am not an expert and don't know a lot about them - I would imagine that you will have a follow-up appointment sometime soon?

Take care and good luck.
Amy