Ovarian Cancer Community
What does high attenuation wall mean?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What does high attenuation wall mean?

I had severe pain in my left ovary area and after getting a CT scan it stated that I had a small cyst in the adnexal region with high attenuation wall.  May be partially hemorrhagic.  Not sure what that means, does anyone have any insight?  I was in the ER and the doctor pretty much treated me like a number and sent me home without explaining this in detail.

Thanks for any help!
Tags: Pain
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
I am not sure what "high attenuation wall" means but you can go to the Expert Forum - look on sidebar on the right - and ask a doctor there..........when my tumor was first found by ultrasound the radiologist said it might be a complex hemorrhagic cyst as well , which is one that bleeds into itself or something like that - which gives it a kind of solid appearance. (this was ultrasound though - not CT like yours- so it was harder to tell.......) These kinds of cysts can go away by themselves I understand - they usually watch them for awhile and if they are large and don't start to shrink, then will remove them. (at least - this is what they were going to do with me.........)

I of course am not an expert and don't know a lot about them - I would imagine that you will have a follow-up appointment sometime soon?

Take care and good luck.
Amy
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank