Ovarian Cancer Community
What is an Ovarian Floater?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is an Ovarian Floater?

I have been having pain and cramping for about 2 months straight now. I had an ultrasound done, and my doctos told me I had a floater on my ovary. He told me it could be because I just ovulated, but I am due for my period (actually is is late....again) so I am not sure what it is. I am do for more testing next week, but I am worried as to what it is. I have tried looking it up online and all that comes up are eye floaters.
Related Discussions
2 Comments
Blank
447161_tn?1262926684
Hi,
Not too sure what a floater is? Maybe a cyst, as these can form when ovulating.
Perhaps this question may be better answered in the Ovarian Cysts community.  There are many women on there who may be able to answer this for you.

Peace and love...Kim
Blank
187666_tn?1331176945
I checked into the term as well and found a similar message from someone on this very board. It's from a few years ago but it still might be helpful.

www.medhelp.org/forums/OvarianCancer/messages/867.html

I got the idea that it's more likely to be debris floating in the cyst similar to the debris floating in the vitreous of our eyes that causes the so-called "floaters." See what you think.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank