Ovarian Cancer Community
What is it?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is it?

Hi,

I have a history of prolonged period since Oct 2005 (6 days period & 3 days spotting) on a 28 to 30 day cycle. I did my repeated papsmear in June this year & it was normal coz I had ASCUS reading in Dec 2005.  Doctor ordered D&C & hyperescopy but I was reluctant to go & I have cancelled it few times.  I did D&C 3 years ago due to bleeding in between but the result was normal (hormonal changes).  My last month's period was on 10.10.2006 & it lasted 6 days with 2 days spotting (8 days together).  Then 2 days later, when I wipe with tissue after pee, it has a very thin blood discharge only once & I didn't bother.  

This month, my period came earlier on the 25th day cycle.  It started with some spotting on 3.11.2006 & then 4.11.2006 only my exact period & it lasted for 6 days with 2 days spotting as well. Then on the 15.11.2006, when I wipe with tissue after pee, it has a very thin blood discharge with mucus only once & then on 17.11.2006 the discharge came with a patch of blood streaked with mucus vaginal discharge.  I thought its my ovulation.  I went to my gynae, he did an U/S scan & checked my cervix with spectrum to see whether any cervical polyps.  The U/S was normal & no cervical polyps but he found a folicle & he said its not my ovulation time yet & he said sometimes it happen with blood discharge, I didn't know what he meant.  I also have PCOS (not overweight).I still have to do D&C and hyperescopy maybe next week coz i'm not well now (with bad cough & sore throat).  Has anyone experience this?  Could it be the sign of ovulation? TQ & appreciate it.