Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
What kind of cyst is it?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

What kind of cyst is it?

I went in for a sonogram after my OBGYN detected a cyst during my normal check up.  The repots basically reads that I have a "unilocular cyst on the right with internal echoes and two discrete mural nodularities measuing 5-8m".  She suggested removal of the cyst with laparoscopy and depending on the path results removal of the ovary. The reports continues to read... "primary concernts include endometrioma(more likely) versus neoplasm"

I have been researching this and understand their are four types of ovarian cysts.  What category is my cyst in?  I have a call into my Dr, but want to be educated so I can have the right follow up questions.

Thanks