What was your recovery like for IP install like?
I'm getting an IP port installed in August and I'm just wondering of the women who have them what was the actual installation like? How does it compare to your regular port?

Thanks,
Christina
I had an IP port and didn't find the installation of it that bad.  It was a little uncomfortable for a couple of weeks while the incision, about 1 inch long, healed.  Mine was at the bottom of my right ribcage so my bra rubbed against it, but I got used to that and after the incision healed I didn't notice it much.  I didn't have another port, just a PIC line.  Good luck.

Karen
i'm  not sure what an ip port is -i have a power port -or implantable port which  may be the same thing mine is  under my colar bone  -i had a pic line- but my skin started to break down -and it started to itch. they use it for chemo- blood draws-blood transfusions -meds and can use it for the ct scan--they installed it
in  the x ray dept i was out when they installed it- but went home the same day-it took a couple of days to heal--its a lot better then failed attempts to start an i.v over and over again-
My IP port was well below bra line and I don't remember any problems with it.  Slept fine.  I had it put in on my right side since I sleep mostly only my left ... but realized I roll all over the place ... so the side didn't really matter.  No problem going in or out when chemo was finished.

I now have an IV port in left shoulder .. also no problem .. and it is well hidden.

Judy
I had no problems with placement of my IP port.  I had two incisions for it.  One right below my bra line and then the other  just about 4 inches below that to place it correctly. Mine was placed on the R side cuz my IV port was on the L.  It was a little uncomfortable right after placement and I bruised up more so on my IV port, but soon it was fine.  Why do you have to wait so long for placement.  
Kerry
I had IV treatment first but my acites was so bad they couldn't do IVIP right away.