Ovarian Cancer Community
Worried about mum help!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Worried about mum help!!

Hi everyone,
Just looking through these forums has been so helpful to me in getting some support but I wanted to connect as my mum is in the process of being diagnosed with ovarian cancer.
She has had all the tests....ultrasound, CA125 tests, she is having a CT scan today. The ultrasound found the original mass on her left ovary and 2 of the 3 blood tests came back as high. She has been booked in to see a gyn onc on Monday and is currently freaking out a lot, as am I. Just looking for some support really and some advice if anyone has some. Obviously we are terrified and I have heard some pretty horrible things about ovarian cancer. Also really scared that the gyn onc will look at mums tests and tell her on Monday theres nothing they can do. She has not been feeling unwell and the only thing which caused her to go to the doc was some postmenopausal spotting.

Thanks so much guys x
There is always hope!!!!  Do not give up....not yet anyway!!!!  

There is no test that can diagnosis ovarian cancer.  CA125 is best used as a tool to gauge recurrances and can be high for a lot of different reasons, including benign cysts.

Right now, try not to panic, no one knows what is going on. Everyone already has her losing the battle with ovarian cancer, and no one knows for sure, yet, if she has it.  

These days, people can battle ovarian cancer, and live way passed the dreaded 5 year mark.  We will help both of you through this, if in fact she does have ovarian cancer.
I know that it is not easy, but, for now, try to stay calm.

Pam
Thankyou so much pam, that seriously means a lot. I am just really shocked right now and she does not know what to do.