Worried about my daughter!
My 19 year old daughter had emergency surgery Saturday, September 1,2012. They removed a Granulosa Cell Tumor the size of a softball, as well as her left ovary. The tumor had ruptured on the back side and shattered cells throughout her ovary. Doctor was pretty sure he got it all and said the right ovary and her womb was clean. It was cancerous and has since then recommended us to UNC Chapel Hill Women's Cancer Clinic. We've took our daughter for the pelvic exam and consultation and now just waiting back to hear from her doctor's as of what they will decide to do as far as treatment on her. She is back up in college, 4 hours away from me and I'm literly going crazy worrying about her. Even more so since someone called me from the clinic wanted me to take her by for blood work. Not quiet understanding the person on the other end of the phone because of her accent, I was rather confused. Doctors had just told us that they would be doing a blood test on her called Inhibin,but they would wait for another 6 - 8 weeks since she just had surgery. Is this a blood test they can do right away or do I need to get up with her doctors to make sure of, and clear as to what this person was calling me about?
Hugs!!!!!  I cannot imagine what you are feeling!!!!

There really is no blood test that an diagnosis ovarian cancer.  There are tests that aid in diagnosing recurrences.  

I would guess that if there was shattered cells that they would want her to have chemo, better safe than sorry.  You are going to an excellent hospital, let's see what they suggest.

Try to hang in there until we hear what they have to say.  The ovarian cancer found in  younger women tend to respond very well to surgery and treatment.