Ovarian Cancer Community
a question about my friend

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

a question about my friend

Hi all!!!

wondering if you cn help me
Basically a friend of mine had cervical cancer a while back and just a few days ago she  'came on' even though she has already had a period this month-She called me in to the toilet to show me as she was worried it was not normal and it was just like reallt watery blood that she said is hevy and smells a bit 'funny' I looked on the net and found that this is the first signals of cervical cancer-is it more likely to return to people that have already had it?and should she be worried?
If your friend was my daughter or friend I would strongly suggest she find a gyn/oncologist she could see and go as soon as possible. I don't blame you for being fearful, and, yes cancer can and does recurr.....the sooner she gets to the bottom of this the better.
I would imagine she could make an appointment with the gyn/oncologist she saw for her previous surgery....if she did not have a gyn/onc do her last surgery she needs to get to one asap.....either way she needs to get to a gyn/oncologist surgeon.
I wish you and your friend Peace.
dian
THANX I will show her your and any1 elses comments cos she doesnt want to go at the mo cos I think she is really worried.
I understand your friend being scared. This is a very scary thing to go through. Your friend needs to understand that the sooner she gets checked out the better. After having cancer once she should already know the importance of getting to the doc. Good luck to you and your friend I hope she makes the right choice. Please keep us posted and let us know what happens...Lena