Ovarian Cancer Community
abdominal cistic mass and cystic mass in spleen

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I am a 29 year old female and over the past 5-6 months I have had a light pain in my left abdomin (abdomen) and lots of nausea and vomitin expecially after eating. I had a tubal 3 years ago. This past week my pain has intensifed majorly and have been vomiting daily after every meal. I am not pregnant but went to the ER and they done a ct scan to check for something and found a mass in my spleen size 3.4cm x 2.8cm and a cystic mass in my lower left abdomin (abdomen) size 5.4cm x 5.8cm. The ER doctor was very concerned about it and said that i may need surgery to remove them. I was allowed to go home and told to follow up with my doctor but they cannot see me for several weeks due to the doctor being out of country. I am in sever pain and not able to hold anything down. Should I go back to the ER and could this be a serious problem?
Perhaps you could call the ER for a referral to someone who's available sooner.  Or check your insurance website for names of doctors (by specialty in your area).  
Well I went back to the ER last night due to major pain and continuous vomiting. For the past 4 days I have been unable to hold down any of my food. Found out the the mass in my lower abdomin (abdomen) has grown a little and then found out the the reason i am hurtin in my other side is due to gallstones. I am just feeling great right now I tell ya!!! There are no surgeons in my area right now cause there is only one here and he is on vacation. They gave me pain meds and phenergon for the vomiting and told me to take it before every meal so that I am able to keep my food down cause I am getting weak and said to come back if my pain gets worse. I just dont understand why i should have to take pain pill daily and phenergon daily to stay comfortable and be able to eat....IT DONT MAKE ANY SENCE AT ALL!!!!!