Ovarian Cancer Community
abdominal discomfort
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abdominal discomfort

Went to the ob/gyn bc having pressure, fullness, and bloating on the right side from belly button over
and sometimes have a sore spot just below the belly button slightly to the right.  About two months ago, experienced extreme pain on the right during period.  When doing the pap smear, a cervical polyp came out. The pathology said benign inflamed cervical polyp florid microglandular hyperplaisa.
The doc wanted to do ECC but I reconsidered when the nurse said the pap smear was normal--I say the pap report and it said it could not even be done, unsatisfactory specimen which was because my period had started about an hour before the office visit.  I am having a lot of pressure on my right side at the waist and sometimes just under my rib cage in front and back. I am unsure as to what to do next.  Should I go to another physician?  Does this sound like cancer?  All responses would be appreciated.  I have been so worried I can't sleep well and it is just down right uncomfortable.

Also, she used a speculum that was too large.  I told it how bad it hurt and she removed it for a smaller one but I am still achy in that spot.  Is that normal?  I was already experiencing soreness/achiness when I smashed on my stomach on the right side and feel the doc gave me more problems.