Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
abdominal pain, weight gain and gas

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

abdominal pain, weight gain and gas
Hi- I had an abortion at the beginning of november, since then I have NOT gotten a period. I went for follow up appointment and they said everything was ok, I was NOT pregnant and it was probably just my hormones needing time to get back to normal. The only thing they noted was an increase in my blood pressure, which they said could be from my birth control pills, which they advised me to stop and then monitor bp.

Since then I am rapidly gaining weight although there is no change in my diet and I am passing gas way more than I ever have and it has a very bad odor.  Now last night I started having lower abdominal pain, below the belly button in the center. These do not feel like normal menstral cramps.

Could this be something related to the abortion (I took the abortion pill) or is this something else???
Please help, thank you.
Hi There

It sounds like you are going through a stressful situation. Nothing you have shared suggests a diagnosis of ovarian cancer.
I would suggest you refer your question to the gyn/women's health medhelp site
best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker