Ovarian Cancer Community
abnormal pap

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

abnormal pap

For the first time since my husband and I have been together (17 years) we experienced a tremendous of amount of bleeding during intercourse. So much so that we had to shower and change the bed sheets. There was no pain, and no change in our sexual behavior.
I was scheduled for a pap just 2 days after. During the procedure, my doctor was unable to properly fit the tool because she said my cervix was "turned, flipped" ?? So she is sending me to gynecologist. Also during the procedure there was bleeding as soon as she entered the tool and uncomfortable.
Any ideas?  Your thoughts are much appreciated at this point as I'm very concerned.
Thanks...
Hi, I was hoping to be able to offer some thoughts on this matter since at first I thought that you might be refering to cervical dysplasia...abnormal cells discovered during a pap test. But, honestly, I have never heard of a flipped cervix. I am wondering if this is similar to what they mean when they say you have a "tipped" uterus...especially since the cervix and uterus are connected. I had a girlfriend who had a tipped uterus years ago.

Hopefully someone will be along soon who can offer some helpful thoughts. Let us know, though, how things go for you.

Mary
Wow!I used to bleed like that during sex with my ex-husband starting when I was 17,I thought it was from the Depo-Vero injections I was taking. It stopped after I got pregnant and now that I look back at how many signs I had leading up to all the ongoing problems I have. I hope that everything turns out fine.....I'll keep you in my prayers.