Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
adenocarcinoma in situ

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

adenocarcinoma in situ

My 23 year old daughter was diagnosed with cervical adenocarcinoma in situ last September.  She had a cone biopsy and the margins were clear.  She has had follow ups pap smears every three months and they have been clear.  She has HPV 18.  Over the past few days she is complaining of a pressure in her lower abdomen.  She went to her OB/GYN today and he said that her cervix looked healthy ( he did a pap smear and we will have results next week).  He also said that her uterus felt fine, but he wanted her to have an ultrasound to check for ovarian cysts.  That is not scheduled for over ten days.  I am attempting  not to be an anxious mother.  Could the doctor, pathologists, etc have missed something in September that is now effecting her ovaries?  Or could this be totally unrelated to the cervical issues.  She missed a period last month and is on Yaz.
Hi There,
first of all, your daughter has had perfect care for the adenocarcinoma in situ

it is very common to miss periods on birth control pills but it is important to check a pregnancy test
best wishes
im not sure if its compatibale. but im 23 yrs old and i went to the er almost 2 wednesday's ago. telling me, i too may have an ovarian cyst.i have an sonogram scheduled for june 3. i feel like these are serious matters and they should be looked at the same day or within that week. my mom was there supporting me. so i understand u worrying as a mom. but let me know how ur daughter is doing. i will pray for u. god bless and the best of luck.
did your daughter start all this by not having periods i havent had a period in over 8 months