Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
adnexas complex cyst

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

adnexas complex cyst

i am 35 had a hysterectomy in 10 due to being a cin 3 of pre cancer cells of my cervics I recently had a ultrasound of my kidneys and bladder looking at the function of my kidneys but what was found was a 6.2 cm adnexal complex cyst is this anything to be concerned about
Hi There
it is not rare to get ovarian cysts. they can be more common after the removal of the uterus because the blood supply to the ovaries is reduced by removing the uterus.

also at age 35, your ovaries are working and you have monthly ovulation. Most cysts are cysts of ovulation.
if your are not having any pain, then I would suggest a repeat scan after a month.
if it is a cyst of ovulation, it will be gone
if it is still there, it may be worth considering a surgical removal.it is unlikely to be cancer. However persistent cyst can gorw and cause pain over time
best wishes