Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
adrenal gland cysts and nodule

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

adrenal gland cysts and nodule
I had a lung CT Scan on May 12th and the ct scan showed that I have a cysts and a nodule on the right kidney, on a previous CT Scan and bone scan these cysts showed up since 96, now I have a rather large on on the left kidney with at least 3 or more on the right kidney, when they were first seen on film in 96, I was told not to worry that these cysts are quite common, now I have pain on the right side under my rib cage and my back. I also had a bladder sling done in 2006 which show more cysts, the surgeon told me not to worry. I'm seeing a Urologist Specialist in July, my concern is that now I have a nodule appearing, and I afraid that this could also be Cushing Disease, as now I have high blood pressure, pot belly, hump back, thin skin that bruses at the slightest touch. I was given a choice to return to the old surgeon or go to the new female specialist. What causes a nodule to appear on top of a cyst, should I ask for a biopsy of this? Please advise,    
Hi There,

You should ask your doctor about testing for adrenal excess (Cushing's Disease). That would be blood testing.

I agree with the recommendation to consult with a specialist in urology. The decision to biopsy something depends on it's appearance on scan. I would defer to the judgement of the urologist.

best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker