Ovarian Cancer Community
back from surgery after 3 week hospital stay
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

back from surgery after 3 week hospital stay

I just got home from the hospital...after 3 weeks and have been thinking about all of you but had no access to the internet. I had my surgery on 5/7 to remove the 2 masses and my gallbladder..instead I ended up with a total hysterectomy due to severe endometriosis damage thank god no cancer! I also had my gallbladdder removed. After that surgery I was fine except I kept feeling nauseous and dry heaving terribly couldnt eat for like 13 days...well a week later i was still heaving and sick and had trouble walking the doctor ended up doing a cat-scan which showed a ruptured bowel from all the dry heaving so a week after the first surgery I was rushed back into emergency surgery for that and long story short have had numerous problems with blood counts, vitamin deficiencys etc...my wound is having a hard time closing so know they may have to hook me up to a wound vac to speed things up but finally let me come home with a dry dressing till they straighten out everthing with the insurance and nurses. I feel ok...very tired.....glad to be home.I am grateful i was cancer free and I am trying to take it one day at a time...I thank all of you for your support, help and wisdom thru it all. thanks.
Related Discussions
10 Comments
Blank
16702_tn?1234094245
So gald to hear that you are cancer free ....There have been numerous posts asking about you.  What a relief to have all that over with, now you can focus on healing your body and getting your strength back. REst and drinks lots of water and stay in touch.
Blank
196469_tn?1365391575
SO glad you are cancer free and finally on the road to recovery.  I had wound separation too and if you have any ques about it, just ask (I've been thru that twice)  
Rest well and hope you heal fast!
Blank
187799_tn?1219613173
I'm so very proud of you for following through with the surgeries; I know it was a very difficult time for you. My prayers are with you for a speedy recovery! Rest, rest, rest and be well!!!
Elizabeth
Blank
106886_tn?1281295172
So glad to hear from you. Post more when you are feeling better. SOOOO, soooo glad to hear from you, though. Really!

Mary
Blank
135691_tn?1271100723
I'm so happy to hear that you are cancer free, but can't believe all the troubles your having! I sure hope you get everything straightened out soon, and that you have lot's of help around, taking care of you.
Best wishes for some brighter days ahead,
Becky
Blank
Hey Girl, So happy to hear from you...very happy that they found no cancer. Sorry to hear everything you had to go through. Just take it easy, it will take time for your body to recupriate. I'm so glad it's over for you, I know it was and still is a tough thing to go through. Just give yourself time...hugs :)
Blank
How wonderful!  Thank God you are cancer free.  You have gone through a huge ordeal and guess what?  You made it!  You're a stronger person!  You're a fabulous person!  Celebrate and know that you can tackle anything after overcoming this!  May God continue to bless you with many more blessings.

Lisa
Blank
113538_tn?1207625032
Welcome back! I, too am very proud of you for having the surgery. I'm sorry it was fraught with so many complications.

I'm also incredibly relieved to hear there's no cancer. It's not only great to hear that you don't have to worry about it, but your information will be comforting to women who come here with fears about possible malignancy!
Blank
178345_tn?1242539846
you are all so wonderful and have made me feel do good. thanks
Blank
Thank God you don't have cancer. So sorry for all the complications. We were getting worried about you since we didn't hear from you. I am so glad you are ok. Yeah, it's over!!!
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank