back pain from cysts?
I've been having serious back pain since Sept. ER dr said I have a small cyst and not to worry about anything. No pain meds given. Found out the ovarian cyst was 7.3cm. 2 weeks later another US.  It's now 8cm and also a new cyst on the right of 2.4cm. It's been 3 weeks since then. 5 drs I have seen say the back pain isn't from the cysts. The report also says hemorrhagic ovarian cyst/adenoma/cystadenocarcinoma. The carcinoma part scares me. I've been on 10 diff. pain meds in the last month and none are helping. I've had a hysterectomy 16 yrs ago. I'm now 45. Also on birthcontrol to try to shrink cyst, but pain isn't going away. Have physio 3x's weekly, but scared that will make the cyst rupture and cause further problems. I have to wait til Nov 14 to see the gyno again. Any suggestions? Seem to be getting the run around about the back pain.
you can have back pain from cysts i had surgery this week to remove right ovary i posted a quest about the enlarged ovary..no answers yet sounds like they need to remove the ovaries have they did a urinalysis to double check that you do not have a kidney infection  but being the size and getting bigger i think i would try to get in somewhere bc they can twist call ovarian torsion i had that happen alot of pain i hopE THIS HELPS!

Yes that does help. I have had a urinalisys, 2 CTs, 2 US and 2 xrays. a urologist thought the pain was kidney stones to begin with. I've had this pain since Sept and can't cope much longer. tired of every dr saying i can't have pain from cysts and getting nowhere. want to go back to ER but figure they will also say go home, it's nothing. wish i could take a copy of this site with me! thnx
I had a hysterectomy 20 years ago and 6 years ago i started having the same type of symtoms as you are now, my dr did an exploratory and found adhesions....basically I had scar tissue from the hysterectomy and other surgeries that was attached from right ovary area all the way up behind the kidney....They removed the scar tissue and the pain went away immediately....

I would have dr refer me to surgeon, its done with laproscope so you only have a few small incisions....

Good luck I know how miserable it can be...I was seen by atleast 8 doctors before one sent me to surgeon.....