Ovarian Cancer Community
'bent' fallopian tube next to ovary; is it this or a growth o...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

'bent' fallopian tube next to ovary; is it this or a growth on the ovary?

I am a 55 yr old post menopausal woman in excellent health.  I have recently had a strange discharge lasting one day, going away, then coming back for a day 4 days later, a week later, etc.  Discharge is greenish/brown in color.  My dr. ordered a vagainal ultrasound.  The tech saw something 'next' to my left ovary, and said she is 99% sure it is just the fallopian tube that is in a 'bent' position next to my ovary.  However, she said that my dr. may want to send me for a 2nd opinion to have a doppler ultrasound done just to confirm her findings.  I am wondering if anyone has experienced this?
Welcome to the site!  I can't say that I have ever heard of this, but I am glad that your dr. is taking it seriously and you are getting an ultra sound done.  Hopefully this will show exactly what the problem is.  You are in my thoughts and prayers.  Godspeed
~Tascha
Hi, welcome to the forum! I don't personally know anyone with this condition, however, it is possible to have a "kinked" or "bent" fallopian tube. Maybe you could do a search on it. Hope you feel better soon!
(((Raynbow
I know, before I developed the cyst on my ovary I had something going on with my fallopian tube.  The report said that there was a tubular, self contained structure that was probably a fallopian tube with some fluid in it.  This can happen in cases such as mine that had a hysterectomy or tubaligation.  No one seemed concerned about it as long as it was not connected to anything else.  They confirmed this with a CT with oral contrast and rectal contrast.  Wasn't to bad.  I have had worse.
Hope this helps a bit.
Has your doctor ordered a culture of the discharge?  Greenish tints often indicate infections (pus.)   Brown is more indicative of "old blood," which can also indicate an infection, such as a ruptured cystic structure.  

Do you have any pain associated with the discharge?  Any odor associated with the discharge?  And have you been running a fever?  It is possible that you have an infection, and given the findings regarding the fallopian tube, it may well be that there is an infection involving the tube.