Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
bilateral adnexal cysts
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

bilateral adnexal cysts

I just received results from a pelvic CT w/contrast.  It states:
Bilateral adnexal cysts are present.  The uterus is mildly enlarged.  No free air or fluid, and bowel & bladder are unremarkable.  

All bloodwork was fine (including prolactin--left breast producing small amount of milk w/out pregnancy---, thryroid, T-4, Testosterone, TSH) were fine with the exception of vitamin b12 deficiency (given injection at the office on Saturday), and elevated glucose w/trace of ketones.  Also diagnosed with sleep apnea after an overnight study.  The doctor (endocrinologist) put me on a trial of Avandia for a few months, and faxed the CT report to my OB/Gyn for an ultrasound.  He was thiking possible PCOS, but my testosterone & others came back normal.  

My question is....what could cause Bilateral Cyts AND an enlarged uterus at the same time?  Are there certain questions I need to be aware of to ask my OB when I am there?  I have complained to him for 3 years that my ovaries hurt and that I wake up every night with severe night sweats (could be from the sleep apnea), but he always just put me on birth control but would never run any tests.  Then I went on my own & scheduled an appt. with an endocrinolgist (I was certain my hormones were off), and he orders a CT right off the bat and it comes back with those results.  Any help, info, insight would be greatly appreciated :)  :)