Ovarian Cancer Community
bladder pressure when lying down, trouble emptying bladder completely

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

i went to my family doctor on Sept 24th for a pap test, i was also complaining of feeling like i had to void but often times could only go a little felt like I still had to void afterwards, I thought i might have a bladder infection but he took urine sample and said it was fine, during the pap he said my uteris (which is tipped) was enlarged. ( i was also over a week late). I am 45 years old not sexually active, at this time divorced single for last 5 years. never had problems with my periods, they are always 3 -4 days in lenght no irregular bleeding in between.  was on birth control for couple of years in my early teens, have 1 child. used and IUD twice for 2 1/2 years each time, not back to back, no fertility drugs. I'm not currently pregnant.  My doctor is sending my for an ultra sound.  I have been experiencing some of the symptoms I'have read about ovairan cancer.  such as bloating which seems to occur more in the eveing, and the week or so before my period. The bloating and bladder problems have only become apprent and uncorfotable since mid septemeber, it comes and goes, some days i feel very thin others i look like i'm 6 months pregnant .  I have no faimly history of breast or ovarian cancer. i have had 2 fluid cyst on my breast drained, 2003 and 2004.  what are the chances this could be ovairan cancer??  the doctor als said he could feel anything around the ovaries during my pelvic exam, whic also felt alittle more umcomfortalbe this time around i'm trying to remain positive, but I'm very nervous.  I'd appreciate any feedback I can get.  thanks hope i make sense
Until you get the results of the ultrasound, there is no way of knowing what conditions you might have.    Many things besides ovca can cause the symptoms that you describe, including benign conditions like endometriosis, fibroids, and ovarian cysts.
Wow is what you just said so incredibly the same as me. Back in August I started getting the same symptoms of bladder infection, felt like I had to go..and barely anything would come out. Went to the doctor, put me on antibiodics, it came back a week later, went back, etc. (Drank a lot of Cranberry Juice) but it never really cleared up. By the way i am also 45.

I now have the exact same bloating during the evening. Nobody believed me, I had my mom and neice over the other night and they frieked they wanted to take me to the ER. I went to the GYNO next day, he said things seem o.k. during internal, but I had a polip which he cut off..he told me I would bleed for a few days (but I am a little upset.., but he also scheduled me (because of the bloating, etc.) for a trans vaginal ultrasound.   The bloating is so bad that i have to stretch my body and arch my back for relief and I also have a hard time lying down because I feel pressure,, I have sleeping sitting up on 2-3 pillows.  And... uncomfortable to have incourse. So my husband and I just are waiting until after Tuesday to find out what happens.

FYI in regards to the bloating if I find out everything is ok with the ultrasound..a friend told me about someone who had the bloating thing and went to many different docotors until she found out (in her case) she cannot eat anything with white flour in it,(includes a lot of food pasta, etc.)  So I will persue that avenue. In the meantime, I just started today, not eating anything with white flour (especially bread). The bloating does feel a little better, who knows... go figure???  

I will keep you posted... good luck!