Ovarian Cancer Community
blood clots after a hysterectomy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

blood clots after a hysterectomy?

how could a person have bleeding 4 months after a hysterectomy and have pain and bloating in the vagina? She still has her overies and one has a cyst on it. What could be the problem? Her blood pressure is 94/60. Is that a dangerous sign and her breathing is painful with pain radiating into the legs. Please let me know what you think we should do? The dr does not seemed to alarmed but eventually he would like to drain the blood clot. I think it should be sooner than later. What do you think? Any ideas on what it could be?
please let me know!
I work as a caregiver.  If I had a patient with these symptoms, then I would have the patient delivered to the emergency room.  At the very least, I would seek the opinion of another doctor ASAP.
Thanks so much, that is just what we did. The other doctor did not find a blod clot in the vagina or on the walls of it. He found a 8cm cyst on her left overy and her right one was just almost as bad. Instead of takeing them out quickly they decided right there on the table to just drain the cyst and see if it is cancerous and then tell her later if it was or not. Maybe in the future they are going to take them out. I just hope it is not too late for her and that it has turned into cancer by then. They also mentioned taking out her appendix at the same time. I am not sure why and they did not say, If you have any idea why they would say that let us know.......
thanks for your help again......
i work in the operating room and they will sometimes remove the appendix or gallbladder even if there is no indication becasue then it wont cause problems in the future
Thanks so much for your help. The dr called and said the reason why they want to take the appendix is because she has taken codeine over the years for migrains and it has affected it. That is the reason for that. I am sure they are going to take the overies soon because the cyst are growing full of fluid and blood and matter again. Not sure why! HOpeing it is not cancerous. What do you think. It was clear fluid the first time and now it is bloody cloudy messy yukk....filled.....
if you have any clue please let me know.
thanks