Ovarian Cancer Community
blood clots after polyp removal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

blood clots after polyp removal

I am posting here because there are no new posts allowed in the GYN forum, this is not necessarily related to cancer. I was dianosed with endometriosis this summer. Three were found on my ovary but were relieved after being prescribed BC pills (Microgestin 1/20 to stop menses). I passed blood clots for a month and at my next ultrasound when I notified the Dr. of this, I was told that I had polyps and that a D & C would be performed. At least 7 polyps were removed and the I had a successful follow-up after the procedure and have had stayed on the microgestin 1/20. When I miss a pill at night, which does not happen often, I wake in the morning with severe cramps, a cystic ovary-like pain, and some spotting but each of the three times that I have missed a pill, I pass blood clots. This last time I had a large clot and spotting the following morning. This does go away when I resume this pills regularly. I am concerned that the blood clots is a sign that there is another occurence of polyps or something of that nature. Is it normal to pass large clots with one missed pill and should I see my GYN about this? I would like to refuse endometrial biopsys because I find them entirely too painful ( I have vaso vagal episodes easily in the past) and I become lightheaded and shake, can I forgo the biopsys and ask the Dr. to just do exams and ultrasounds?