Ovarian Cancer Community
can you pass an ovarian cyst through the vagina?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

I have a long history, but ill make it short.  I had my right ovary and fallopian tube reomved when i was seventeen because of a large destructive cyst.  About a week ago, i went to the hospital because of pain in my lower right side.  after poking and prodding, the doctor said i has fluid around my uterus and I most likely had a cyst rupture.  Fine.  I presently have my period.  Today when i went to take a tampon out, there was something stuck to the tampon.  I was a sac of some sort, circular, light flesh-colored about the size of a quarter, maybe a little bigger. I am totally freaked out, but im sure its not mucus, or a clot, it looks and feels (yeah i touched it, eew) like tissue.  Could i have passed my ruptured cyst through my  vagina?
I don't think you can pass a cyst that way.  One question however, could you have been pregnant?  Sounds like the thing I passed one time when I did not know I was pregnant.  The pain before laid me right out on the floor.  By the time I passed it I was ok.  Just a thought
Maybe you had a cervical cyst, they're usually benign.  I have never heard of anyone passing an ovarian cyst thru the vagina.
An ovarian cyst would not pass thru the vagina.  It could rupture and cause great pain.  It could be extra lining of the uterus.  Miscarriage especially if cramping and bleeding is present.  The miscarriages that I had, produced large "flesh like" things.  One of which was as large as a jumbo sized egg.  But I also had cramping and bleeding..
I wasn't pregnant, I just was tested when I went to the emergency room like a week and a half ago.  I stopped my birth control pills on saturday to get my period, other than that i'm not sure.  I just called my gyno today, and the receptionist said someone will call me back.  Thanks for responding, its good to hear someone elses opinion!