cancer/cysts/ovarian problems
I am just about frustrated right now. I am 24 years old and have already had both ovaries removed. I had ovarian cancer when i was 6 and had my right ovary removed. Since then i have had about 5 surgeries removing large cysts from my left ovary. (the largest being 20 x 25 cm). This past March i had an oopherectomy (left ovary removed). I thought my troubles were over but the past few days ive been having sharp shooting pains that are identical to the pains i had when i would get the cysts. What is this? is this just adhesions or scar tissue? is it possible that i have a cyst again somewhere else? i feel so helpless. please help if you have any info. THANK YOU!
There is something called, Ovarian Remnant Syndrome.....if just one ovarian cell is left behind during surgery, there is a chance of developing ovarian cysts .... I have this.   Go to your GYN/Oncologist and discuss what is going on.  They will do scans, etc to see if there are any cysts.