Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
cancer on diaphragm

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

cancer on diaphragm
I had stage 4 endometrial. After surgeries ( hyster and wedge resection of right lower lung) it's now just on my diaphragm. I'm taking hormone treatment. If this keeps growing on my diaphragm, will I just not be able to breathe one day? Why doesn't it show on a CAT scan - the surgeon saw it on both sides of the diaphragm. How will I know if it's growing and getting worse?
Dear Debiwan,

Some cancers spread by cells that drift off from the primary tumor and implant on the surface lining of other structures.

It is very common to see a coating of cancer on the diaphragm. This can be tracked by CA 125 blood test and CT scans. If the cancer on the diaphragm grows, it can give you pain around the liver. Additionally you can get pain in the shoulder. It will not prevent you from breathing.

best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker