chemo fogg
does chemo fogg ever go away. lately been under a lot of stress, and it seems aggravaitede by it. Is that normal?
Perfectly normal!  I think it probably does lessen some, but I'm not sure it ever goes completely away.  I am 2 years out from treatment, and I still don't have memory recall like I did before. I'm sure age has something to do with it, too.  All I know is I thank God every day for Post-it Notes! If it weren't for them stuck all over the sides of my computer screen to remind me of things, I'd never get an ounce of anything done at work!

Don't rush it too much.  Keep your mind active, too, even if it's just doing the daily crossword.  Keep using it and you won't lose it!

Gail
Hi Helen,
Chemo brain is now accepted and understood by our oncologists and I, like Gail have notes to remind me of things and a to do list that I update daily.

I've been on chemo for pretty much 3 straight years and it's taken a toll on my memory. I can't recall words but can describe what they mean. I have trouble connecting names with people some times, and have to read old recipes over and over.

Lots of women have to deal with, and accept chemo brain as their new normal, sorry.

Take care of yourself.
Jane
Hi, Chemo brain is very frustrating. Remember your friends and family understand and will be patient. I get scrampled with words and thoughts and forget things all the time.
I think it gets better after you have a rest from the drugs. My daughter, Nicole always says "spit it out mom" and my best friend/co-worker LouAnn helps me to gather words and thoughts with help. It's like playing Jog your Memory. My sister, Pat also an Ovarian
Cancer Warrior, we're like a comedy act when we talk to each other. We know what we mean without remembering the right words. We laugh so hard, sometimes I cry with laughter tears. We  could be talking about a movie with a certain actor, we know who he or she is, but has no name in our brain. Wow! two brains .... no words. We have to keep
our sanity. Laugh is helps! Don't get down on yourself. Be well. Rene