Ovarian Cancer Community
clinical trial

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

clinical trial

Has anyone tried a clinical trial.  I am presently on one.  Too early to know if it is helping.  Just wondering if anyone else has tried them
Which trial are you on?
I just recently enrolled in the abagovamab vaccine trial at Memorial Sloan Kettering in NYC.  I think clinical trials are important and urge everyone who can particiapte to consider trials in hopes of finding better treatments for this horrible disease.
I'm on a pill I take twice daily.  The study is Oral MKC-1.  I  take it for 2 weeks then off for two weeks.
bump up
I did a clinical trial when I was first diagnosed in 2003 -- they kicked me off because I didn't have enough hemotologic recovery to stay in the guidelines of the program -- I am desparate to get into the trial you are in.......it looks so hopeful, but I am not in remission and don't meet the criteria -- good luck and I really hope it works for you -- you are lucky you qualified for it
That last comment was meant for Betty 1227.   I want to be in her trial ---   To SuzyQ51, Clinical trials are good because if you get the meds and they end up being an improvement you've had a first crack at it -- and just think of all the good you are doing for all the others of us that come after you