Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
complex cyst that shrink than come back can this be cancer

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

on 3/06 ultrasound showed a 12cm complex cyst highly suspicious of cancer surgery was schedule.than postpone due that a repeat ultrasound reveal complex cyst had gotten smaller 2.8 cm the cancer dr said cancer dont shrink and referred me back to my dr.now 6 months later large cyst is back 8 cm complex cyst presence of thick septation and solid componet is still suspicios for malignancy now back to the oncologist im scared and dont know what to think can cancer shrink and come back .im 42 yrs old had partial hysterectomy at the time of surgery the ovaries had lots of fibroises tissue took one ovary out to test for cancer it was neg so left the left ovary intact.
thank you for the additional information. It is not possible to make a diagnosis based on an ultrasound but I do think your remaining ovary should be removed
take care
No cancer does not shrink.It is a cyst that most women get.They are a lot like pimples.They usally have liquid in them.They are only considered cancerous when they are solid.Yours don't seem to be solid just liquid filled.If you have any concerns talk to both doctors.                                                                                                          good luck
hello rose thx for responding bck to my ? im so afraid i think im just gonna have this taken out for a piece of mind ca-125 was a 10.they say i have a complex cyst the solid part seem to have gotten a little bigger than before but the cyst itself have gotten smaller i dont know what to think.
even complex cysts are usually benign in women under the age of 40, so try not to panic yet.  i know, easier said than done.  good luck :)
HELLO LADIES JUST LEFT THE DR. HE SAID THAT I SHOULD HAVE THIS CYST REMOVE BECAUSE IT HAS THIS SOLID MASS INSIDE OF IT THAT GETTING BIGGER HE BELIEVE  IT ISNT MALI. I ASK CAN HE JUST REMOVE THE CYST WHICH IS 8CM HE SAID NO IT TO BIG I ASK FOR LAPROSCOPY SURGERY HE SAID NO DUE THAT I HAD 4 C-SECTION TO MUCH SCAR TISSUE. I WISH I CAN STAY AWAKE DURING SURGERY SO I COULD KNOW EVERTHING THATS GOING ON.I DONT LIKE BEING PUT TO SLEEEP VERY WELL,SO I WILL BE HAVING LAPROTOMY I KNOW I SPELL THAT WRONG BUT WILL HAVE SURGERY IN 1 WEEK.THIS IS MY LAST OVARY WHAT IS SURGICAL MENOPAUSE?
akg
Hi There,
It is not common practice to biopsy an ovarian cyst without surgery. The risk is that is there are cancer cells inside a cyst, these cells could spread by rupturing the cyst during the biopsy. Therefore , the present standard of care is to remove the cyst of ovarian and try not to rupture the cyst. This is done in a safe, well controlled operative setting by either a small incision (laparoscopy ) or a bigger inside (laparotomy).
best wishes
Chemotherapy Tracker
Chemotherapy Tracker
Ovulation Tracker
Ovulation Tracker