Ovarian Cancer Expert Forum
complex cysts

This forum is for questions and support regarding ovarian cancer issues, such as: Biopsy, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Genetics, Hysterectomy, Immunotherapy, Ovarian Cancer Types, Radiation Therapy, Risk Factors, Screening, Staging, Surgery.

complex cysts

hello

im 32 years old and have a history of breast cancer in my family. I  have been trying for a baby for a year an half with no luck but about 2 months ago I started to get pelvic cramps that seemed to get worse in pain and more frequent bouts of them each day. I went to my gp and he sent me for a ultrasound the report said have 1 cysts in my cervix and also some functional cysts, 1 dermoid cyst , suspected hemorrhagic cysts and also multiple complex cyst lesions on both ovaries, the doctor has referred me on to a gyn and ive just had a ca 125 blood test, result will be back Monday. Im worried that I may have ovarian cancer so wondered if you could tell me what sort of pains that someone with cancer would experience? the pains I have are very similar to labour contractions (I have a 14 year old son already so I have experienced contractions) the pain starts at the lower abdomen and rises up round to my back and grows in intensity until in gets to a point that im doubled over in pain then it start slowly ebbing away they only last about 5 to 10 minutes at most,, I get them in both side sometimes together sometime not but mainly in the right and I have bouts of these 6 -7 times a day, im now waking up in the middle of the night with them too. looking on different sites and forums ive seem a lot about pelvic pain with cyst and ovarian cancer but none of them seem to really explain what type of pain? also my other worry is with so many cyst in both ovaries  what is the likely hood I will need surgery, im worried they will remove both my ovaries and I wont be able to have a baby. Any help and advice you can give me I would greatly appreciated. Thanks so much