complex ovarian cyst?!!
hi there. I'm 29 years old and was just told by my dr that I have a 4cm complex ovarian cyst on my right ovary.She told me it was filled with blood and solid matter.

I originally was seen in the emergency room b/c of the intense pain I was experiencing on my right side (my tubes are tied and i was deathly afraid of an ectopic pregnancy). the er dr said nothing about what type of cyst it was and just advised me to follow up with my gyno in 1-2 days.

my dr now wants me to come in on Monday to have blood drawn for a cmp and a CA-125 (which i know is a cancer marker). I'm terrified. I also need to have another ultrasound done in 6 weeks to see if the cyst has gone away on it's own. I'm sure it won't b/c the er dr told me that it's probably been there for a few months since I told her I have been experiencing pain during intercourse and when i go to the bathroom on and off for about 3 months now (i didn't think much of it b/c i had my appendix taken out and thought it was just scar tissue acting up).

what can I expect with this?

what are the chances it's cancerous?

The intense pain comes and goes and i'm now also starting to experience sharp,stabbing pains here and there-is this normal?

I have frequent lower back pain and abdominal pressure-normal?

When I started my cycle 2 days ago-the cramps were so bad, I was curled up in a ball on the floor-I thought the cyst had ruptured. Is this normal?

what will I experience if it does rupture?

sorry for the million questions but I've never gone through this before and it scares me!!

thanks to all who answer!!!

Try not to panic too much , it maybe an endomerioma complex cyst caused by endometriosis . These cysts can be filled with blood and some solid blood components. These can cause severe pain i had these cysts and they can leak sometimes and cause inflamation. It is good that you are having a ca125 buit remember that many things can elevate the marker such as mensruation , endomeriosis , fibroids, pid and many other things . Most cysts are benign but cause painful symptoms . I hope all goes well for you . Take care love Angie xx
Hi.  I'm just wrapping up with what you're going through right now.  It started 6 months ago. Every month during ovulation, my 'mettleschmertz', as I thought it was, would get more and more irritating.  It finally got painful.  One night the stabbing pain nocked me to the floor.
I called my gyn that following Monday, after the weekend.  She saw and  gave me US on Tuesday.  My stabbing pain was a 4cm cyst, that was probably larger before it popped, leaked a bit, and sealed itself back up.  Sometimes twisting, aka torsion of the uterus and fallopian tube with a cyst can cause bad pain.
My cyst was removed this past week.  It was a complex cyst, so I was nervous, as you are now.  My cyst was benign.  Age is in your favor.  Most cysts are benign, and the younger you are, as I have read, the lower the chances of a complex cyst being malignant.
You might want to search online under 'chocolate cyst'. Isn't that disgusting?  But I have read that-that's what docs refer to blood filled cysts as.
My gyn told me to come to the er any time I was uncomfortable with my pain level.  She said if I had shoulder pain, that it could be my phrenic nerve being irritated by fluid in my abdomen, and to get immediate medical attention.  I never had this type of pain.  
I had a laparotomy so my general surgeon could check all of my abdominal organs.  My cyst and peritoneal washings went to the lab for a good check over, after the frozen cross section was done mid surgery.
My gyn didn't wait 6 weeks to do another scan.  She scheduled me for surgery because we already established that it was there for a few months already, it was causing me great discomfort, and it was not a simple cyst.  
You might want to consider discussing that with your doc if you don't feel comfortable waiting.  
Good Luck,
Nursemommy