complex ovarian cyst
quick question.  i have a complex ovarian cyst on my left ovary.  it is 7.5 cm.  the doctor recommends surgery.  he considers it urgen but not emergent i have a lot of pain.  i have had the cyst for a couple months.  the question is should i be worried.  i might have to put off the surgery because i have no health insurance and they want 4500 dollars in two weeks.  i also have a mass in right breast with blood flow goiing to it so i have a lot on my mine already.  i just did not know if anybody had any advise.  there is no history of cancer in my family.
Larger cysts can burst (possible infection) or can twist (which can block the flow of blood).  These are both very painful and can cause an emergency surgery.  Waiting can put you at risk of these issues.  If your cyst is cancerous (I am not saying it is.  Over 95% of cysts are benign) you would want it address sooner rather than later, especially concerning your breast issues.  

Please do not fool around with your health.  It would be ideal if you could coordinate any of your breast issues with your cyst issues.  If there is any way of finding the funds you must move forward.  I'm not American so can't advise you in that area.

Please do come over and visit us on the Ovarian cyst forum (MedHelp may direct you there anyway) where there is lots more advice for you.

Take care,
Trudie
There is a program through missouri for my breast issue called show me healthy women who helps with the fincances for biopsy and if need be cancer stuff.  I do not want to fool around with health, but my husband is the only one that works, because my youngest can not do daycare.  He has asthma and the poor thing picks up every cold and than flars up his asthma.  I talked to the hospital and they will not do anything until paid.  No one in my immediate family has any money.