curved uterus?
hi you guys. i have a question. yesterday , i did a pelvic ultrasound. i dont have results yet, but one thing the technician told me was that i have a curved uterus. what does that mean? could it be bad or serious? and can it effect the delivery of upcoming babies if i were to get pregnant again? for my daughters delivery, she was kind of stuck down there so i had to do an emergency c-section. could that have been one of the reasons?
Never heard it called  curved, have heard of a "tipped" uterus, many women have them, caused by a weakened broad ligament anchoring the uterus into place. Never heard of it being a serious condition, unless there is a "heavy fibroid " pulling the uterus out of line. The C-Section could have put yours "out of line" especially if you were in labor for a time and were carrying a large baby.  Mine was "tipped" and I had 5 children, all normal deliveries.  Good Luck
thanks star. i was in deliver for 18 hours and actually was pushing for 4 hours when i had a high fever, the baby stopped getting oxygen and they took me in for emergency c-section. they wanted me start pushing at 9cm dialated. hmmm, . so it might have been from that. thank you for your comment
Hiya, when  had a ultrasound scan for my cyst she said i had a 'tilted' uteras and said its quite comman and not a problem at all just a bit more tricky to look for ovary in the scan. Ive also had a normal delivery with my daughter last year.

claire xx
I also have a "tipped" uterus and delivered 2 of three normally - the middle one was breech.  When I had my tvu a few weeks ago, it was also hard to see the ovary on the left - they had to move the intestines out of the way. Is this what you are referring to when you say that it was hard to see your ovary?  Thanks.
thank you so much for your comments. yes. i guess its the tilted uterus i was talking about. its good to knwo that its not a big deal. the only thing i was really concerned about was being able to deliver a baby naturally. but i had a c-section the first time, so i doubt i will have a natural delivery next time anyway. thank you guys again for your help
Don't count out having a natural delivery.  I had a v-bac (vaginal birth after c-section) and it went fine. Although it is hard to find a doctor that will do it now b/c of  malpractice/insurance reasons.  Another example of t he insurance companies running the world!  So, go get preggo and have a good one!!