Ovarian Cancer Community
cyst! and sharp pelvic pains

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

cyst! and sharp pelvic pains

I went to the doctor and he said that I have a cyst on my right ovary. He gave me birth control pills about a month a half ago that make me sick, but now I am still having the pains but now it is on both sides. Also, I keep getting these really sharp shooting pains throughout my stomach and what feels like my pelvic area. Does anybody have any thoughts on what can be causing this. I am scheduled to go back to dr. in Sept. I am not sure if I should wait till then or call. I don't want to freek out and I don't want to ignore it either. Please help.
No need to panic-but I would give them a call and just let them know your pain is getting to be more severe and is not so localized anymore.  They might have you in sooner to check things out.  Meanwhile- if your not getting relief from the pain-ask them if they can prescribe something stronger than Motrin or Tylenol.  

Good luck!
Hi chanteurika, I too have sharp pain but on my left side. This is not a comfortable feeling! Mine is usually right before I start my period and not all the time. I have small cysts on both ovaries and the symptems seem to worsen as time progresses.
Let your Dr. know about your pain!! Tell the Dr. about the current medication not helping. I am sure they will help you.
Try not to worry, I did and it was for nothing. I know when you do not feel well time goes by to slow.
Warm Regards, Lady Pearl
I am 27 years old and have been having a dull pain in my lower abdomen for the past three weeks.  I went to the doctor and he said that I have a cyst on my right ovary.  My question is:  Can he tell by feeling if it is a fluid filled cyst or a solid mass?  Or is an ultrasound needed to confirm that?  I know that a cyst is the most common for a woman of my age, but I know two women my age that did have ovarian cancer.  I don't want to worry too much, but I don't want ovarian cancer ruled out just because of my age either.  The doctor did worry me a little too because he was asking me about my future plans for kids.  I am going back to him in a month too see if the cyst is any bigger.  If it is, I am going to have an ultrasound.  It's going to be a long month.
Thank you for your input!! I am going to the doctor today to see what is going on. I will get update you afterwards.

They usually have to do an Us to confirm if it is solid or fluid filled.  On mine they saw calcifications -which made them think it is a dermoid.  Yes -you are right-women of any age can have ovarian cancer......don't let them brush you off-ask for a vaginal ultrasound. that will give them (and You) a much clearer picture.
I have now been having really sharp shooting pains all throughout my stomach and in my rectal area. I went to family doc. because I thought I had a urinary tract infection. He said my urine was clear, but gave me meds to treat me just in case. I was supposed to call him back if it didn't feel better. He said I may have scar tissue from when they tied my tubes. Does anybody have these pains and is that what it may be. I know the shooting pain is different than the pain in my ovary.

Can anybody help! I don't know if I should call doctor or wait. Today I felt sweaty and cold and I kind of felt like I was going to pass out. Any help would be great.