Ovarian Cancer Community
cystic ovarian neoplasm
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

cystic ovarian neoplasm

This was on my daughters pelvic ultrasound,The cyst contains internal septations and some dependently layering debris. differential diagnosis includes cystic ovarian neoplasm as well as the possibility of a large hemorrhagic cyst with internal debris and septation. Malignancy is not excluded. please tell us what this means.
Related Discussions
1 Comment
Blank
It means that it is a complex cyst (vs. a simple cyst) and has characteristics that are also charteristic of cysts that are cancerous.  Your daughter will likely need further evaluation to determine exactly what type of cyst she has.  I'm sure it makes you feel nervous but try to stay calm and make sure you consult a gyn/oncologoist if your daughter ends up having surgery.  I am not an expert but have done a lot of reading and am waiting for an evaluation of my own complex cyst.  In my case we are waiting another week to do a follow up ultrasound to see if it has decreased.  How old is your daughter?  It is more of a concern if you have a comple cyst and you are post menopausal.

I hope this helps.  Let me know how things progress.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ovarian Cancer Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank