Ovarian Cancer Community
cysts on both ovaries

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

cysts on both ovaries

I had a lot of trouble with abdominal bloating, pelvic pain and urination problems last summer.  I underwent pelvic exmas, ultrasounds and a ca 125 blood test.  All of which I was told were "normal."  I do have a history of cancer on my mother's side of the family.  I was given a course of 5 different antibiotics over two months and was told it was something bacterial.  I decided to change my eating, exercise more and looked into supplements to rebuild my system.  I felt better all year.  Like clockwork, this summer I am having the same symptoms.  I have already had a pelvic exam and both ultrasound and transvaginal ultrasound.  I was told I have a cyst on each ovary about a 1/2 inch in size that looked like they were filled with fluid. I was told that is normal.  I didn't think cysts on both ovaries was normal.  I am scheduled for my annual exam on Aug. 8th, so my doctor wants me to wait until then to see if my pelvic pain reduces.  She might send me for another ca 125 test.  Does anyone have any information on early stages of ovarian cancer and if it's "normal" to have cysts on both ovaries?  I should also mention that I have been on birth control for years, and decided to give myself a break last fall when I decided to go more natural with my lifestyle.  Any information that could be rendered would be greatly appreciated.
Sorry, I thought of something else; doeas anyone know if ovarian problems would cause discharge?
I don't know about anyone else but I had one a cyst on each  side. The one on the right ruptured, so I now have 1 with a hight posiblity of it coming back. I am not rying to alarm you at all, I just wanted to let know that you are not alone. I am in the ealry stage of finding out about my onw suituation. If you find out anymore info please post it I would be very greatful to know myself. My DR. appt is on the Aug.9. I will post what I find out. I hope this has given you some sort of comfort.
Emt129
Robin
Thanks for the comments.  I just had an appointment (one of many!)myself today.  Still uncertain what is going on.  I'm going for blood work on Aug. 11th to check for hidden infections (i.e. endometriosis).  Did anything resolve at your appointment today?  Keep me posted!