OVARIAN CANCER
COMMUNITY
dermoid cysts inside ovary.
by smokey12, Oct 28, 2005
I had my right ovary removed in Feburary2005, due to a dermoid cyst inside the ovary.  Its now 8 months later and I have a growth inside my left ovary and there not sure what it is and my ovary is 3cm larger than what it should be.I am so scared and I would like to know if anyone is going through the same thing.  I live in the north in Canada so it takes time for testings up here, I was woundering if eating certian foods will help me.  I have problems making a bowel movement and very bloated stomach and pressure in upper abdomen along with nausea.
Can anyone give any information or advice on this.  Thank you Ang
Member Comments (18)
by smokey12, Oct 30, 2005
I haven't heard from anyone yet, mabie I didn't put enough information down.  When I had my surgery done it was open surgery, the dermoid was the size of a grapefruit and destroyed my ovary.  The gyno surgen also found a mass outside it and up in my fallopian tube so he manipulated the tube and said it came out of the tube so he left the tube there.  They sent it for biopsy and reports said it was benign(SP).  Now I seem to be going through the same thing symptoms are the same except its on my left side now. I haven't had children and am 30 yrs old trying to have kids and this ovary I have left has a history of a chocolate cyst inside 31/2years ago and busted on its own they didn't do anything for me then. Terrified its another dermoid now inside the ovary and am sure time is getting shorter and shorter.so fustrated and tired.
by smokey12, Oct 30, 2005
Thank you for replying,and sorry to hear you are going through it as well.  Please keep in touch and let me know whats going on and good luck.
all my best Angie
by TexasGal38, Oct 30, 2005
I'm so sorry to hear that.  I just had my first experience with a dermoid cyst yesterday.  Had to go to the ER from the pain.  I have 2, one on each ovary.  I'm 38, and I won't know what the doc has planned for me until tomorrow.  So I can commisserate with you on the pain.  I'm sorry about your chances for having kids.  That's heartbreaking.
by cor15, Nov 04, 2005
hi, my right ovary was removed 6 yrs. ago due to dermoid cyst. right now im taking clomid in order for me to ovulate, im already 35 and still hoping that I'll conceive soon. my left ovary is my only chance of gettin' preg. all i can say is good luck to us.
by smokey12, Nov 07, 2005
I was just woundering if clomid was a fertility drug?
by turtla, Nov 26, 2005
I had a very large dermoid cyst removed when I was ten.  The doctor did a partial hysterectomy of the whole right side.  I have two children, ages 2 and 4.  Amazingly I got pregnant--after three years!--without the use of drugs.  You can do it!  Now, I am now almost 34 and I have been diagnosed as having another dermoid on the left side.  It is relativley small--2 inches--but I am worried.  Anyone deal with this?
by GeGe2, Dec 20, 2005
Greetings Smokey12,

I just visited the site today and wanted to let you know in 2003 I had a 6 cm dermoid removed from her left ovary and a 4 cm cyst drained from the right.  I've had cysts since I could remember and I have two sons:  Conceiving took long but my two seeds are a blessing.  For more than 12 years, I had cysts on each ovary and each were 5 and 6 cm.  They disappeared during my 1st trimester during my first pregancy and have come back and forth for more than 12 years.  I was told during my surgery that dermoids travel in pairs.  I have been also having the same pains as I had two years ago and went to the doctor and scheduled sonograms.  I saw two weeks ago two cysts: 1 that was 2 cm and the other averaged 6 to 8 cm.  I don't know yet if it is another dermoid but I too can attest to the similarities of my left dermoid.  I want to encourage you that you can too have miracles (babies) all you need is a piece of an ovary so do not worry just have faith because all things are possible through the Lord.  I will pray for you and also go get your breast checked as well.  I recently found out that I have cystic breasts.
by smokey12, Dec 20, 2005
Thank You everyone for your support I am still in search for answers and not giving up!!