dermoid/teratoma
I am to have a mass debulk in august. My mass was found on a ct.  scan. I had abdominal pain in the right side of my pelvis. I had a pracial hysterectomy 10 years ago. The ct. scan showed a large demroid/teratoma in my left hemiplevis. The mass is 9x9x14 I am told this is very large.The report says the rectum is drtaped over the mass.My question is can it be removed without spilling any of the contents.The surgery procedure is written like this ewa cysto,sig tumor debulk,bsu.poss. bowl surgery. I ask my doctor if this mass could kill me he replied no but getting it out might. What do you think. willl appreciate your repl. Booster54
Dermoids are usually not malignant, but the doctor cannot be certain until it is removed and sent to the pathologist for study.

I had an endometrioma removed last December that was larger than your cyst.  The surgery was done laparascopically.  My doctor bagged the cyst before taking any tissue and fluid samples to reduce the possibility of spilling any cells. The endometrioma was not cancerous, but it had attached itself to multiple areas of my abdomen, and had crushed my ovary and stretched the fallopian tube.  My doctor records her surgeries by taking photographs, and when she had completed the removal of the cyst, ovary, tube, and removed the adhesions, I had an enormous area of 'raw' looking tissues in my abdomen.    It was not a pretty picture, but neither was the appearance of that awful thing before she removed it!

I posted my surgery experience earlier on this forum for jdsjeanne (I think that is her 'name.')