diagnosis method of acid reflux disease?
Now I'm confused, I was just told the correct method of diagnosing acid reflux disease, or H Pylori, is a breathing test, not the blood test my internist did yesterday, (don't know the results).

If you've been diagnosed, I'd appreciate knowing what method of diagnosing the disease your doctor used.

Even minor things suddenly get confusing.
Thanks for help!

Jane
My acid reflux was diagnosed with an endoscopy.  I was advised to take Prilosec for the rest of my life.  Acid Reflux can cause really serious problems if not treated.
Mine also was diagnosed by an endoscopy. I have done the breath test also, that is to check for bacteria in your intestine.  Usually H Pylori is diagnosed by stool samples. That is how mine have been done. I hope it helps??
Hugs,
Colleen
Thanks for your replies, I'll ask my internist when he calls with the results. I want to know why he's comfortable with the blood test as a diagnostic method.

I've learned from dealing with this ovca to constantly ask questions and be sure I understand the answer.

Jane
Jane,
Let me know what he says, ok? I too have learned that you have to be your own advocate, do your own research and make sure all your doctors know what is going on. Everytime I go to a specialist, they ask me who my primary is and do they send results to her?? No. So, why bother asking? Stay on top of things, ok? Hugs,
Colleen
Hi Colleen,
I'll keep you posted and you're so right about being your own advocate.

My internist is a very good diagnostician and I'm sure he came to the conclusion by eliminating other possibilities, and palpating many of my organs.
But I'm curious about his choice of a blood test as a diagnostic tool.

Feel good.
Jane