do I have ovarian cancer?
I'm 30 years old and have not had a menstrual cycle in 4 months.  I'm definitely not pregnant.  I am having pain in my ovary area (entire area/both sides) that is sometimes sharp but always noticeable.  I was first treated for pelvic inflammatory as a precaution even though I did not have any other symptoms of the disease (discharge/std..) The antibiotics seemed to make the pain go away but as soon as I finished them it was back.  I then requested a trans-vaginal ultrasound which turned up absolutely nothing.  I feel bloated generally, but not tired or nauseous.  The pain seems to get worse daily, and still no menstrual cycle.  I have no insurance and am a full-time student so I'm not sure how to proceed.  Has anyone had these symptoms? Is it likely cancer?
Not getting periods for 4 months does not directly mean cancer. Also your ultrasound has not showed anything abnormal. The first thing however is to induce a period if you are certain that there is no pregnancy. Progestins will get back normal menses. If not then it will be necessary to consult a gynaecologist for an examination.
The answer is based on information provided. Exact advice is not possible without a proper examination and investigations. You are requested to consult your Doctor. Take care and keep us posted.