Ovarian Cancer Community
does presence of atypical glandular cells in sheath and cluster mean ov...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

does presence of atypical glandular cells in sheath and cluster mean ovarrian cancer?????

Dear Doc,
        My mom(In India) aged 50 who is also a doctor had recently noticed a lump in her labia majora and she went for a checkup wher some slides of the lump were made and the reports said "Atypical glandular cells in sheath and in clusters " after which she was told to go for a biopsy. I wishj to know what may be the case with this lab results and what further investigations can be done ? Do the results confirm that she is having an ovarian cancer and what tests can be done to rule out the possibility? please let me know at the earliest........

thank you