emotional after laperscopic removal of cyst...
I am just curious if anybody else has had this problem.  I had laperscopic surgery on Wednesay to remove some cyst on my right ovary.  They removed part of my right ovary and then removed a normal functioning cyst on my left ovary.  The surgery went fine and I am recovering well except, today i have noticed that i have been very emotional, and very weapy. I don't know if this is normal or if anybody else has had this. Too I am bleeding, not really heavy but i am not due for my period yet. I don't know if my body is kinda confused or what. Any imput would be appreicated..
That's two of us walking with you Sis, There will be more.  I guarentee it!  MV
Thats very normal, my dr. told me to be prepare to get emotional-this too shall pass. I'm having ovaries removed tuesday, had uterus removed 20 years ago. Best of luck to you...
We will be waiting here for you Stretch!  MV
Hey Sis,
     Part of your ovary was removed.  Adjustment happens, you get the short end of it I am afraid.  It is important that younote it Sis.  No matter whether they take out [art or all of one of our ovaries there are reprecussions.  I had my left ovary out last year along with the two benign aliens riding it and now I have perimenopause in the form of hot flashes.  Would have come along eventually and probably lucky I had not already experienced them at 48 but there is payback when such hormonally active organs or [part of an organ) are removed}.  I become more alert when someone does not notice these physical changes but only react to the emotional component and act on them.  Too scary!  Hang tough Sis!  MV  
Hello there...I understand what MV  is saying and I do agree; still, there is also the dread and anticipation and anxiety that one experiences prior to surgery and finally after the event there is a normal "let down" of anxiety and defenses....that can bring on the tears......also...I experienced the same emotions after child birth and that was associated with hormones....your hormones have been jiggled around right now and of course you are out of balance....balance will return but it will take a little time.....be patient and good to yourself in the mean time....things will become balanced again soon......please stay in touch ....many of us have experienced what you are now experiencing....we will walk along side if you will allow us....
Peace.
dian
Thank you guys I appreicate all the imput.. I just stumbled across this board and I am glad that i did.. Thanks alot
Thank you for your good thoughts and prayers. I'll keep you posted...I am worried because of age-63. but Dr. said ca-125 was good also lymph nodes are not swollen-so I'll keep good thoughts..
Sis, I agree with all that everyone has posted to you already.  These women are wonderful and always have great advice.  My doctor told me that when you remove a part or the whole ovary, your hormones get wacked out.  She also said that it may take a few weeks for the hormones to settle down.  Mary had a great idea when she said for you to note your emotions.  It would not hurt to give your doctor a call and let him/her know what is going on.  Please keep us posted.

Stretch, I just wanted you to know that I will be praying for you for your surgery.  Please let us know how things go.  

Kasie
Surgery went well, everything looks good. They did remove alot of scare tissue from left side from old appendix scare, so I'm a little sore from that, but doing good. Dermoid was benign. You are all in my prayers...Thanks