Ovarian Cancer Community
endometrial mass

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

endometrial mass

Explain enometrial mass - what is it?  treatment? prognosis?

This discussion is related to 6.5 cm Endometrial Mass on Ovary.
Hey there Claire.....it is my understanding an endometial mass is a cyst or growth involving the endometrium.  Most cysts reaching 5 cm are removed.  There is no way to know what you are dealing with until the mass is sent to pathology at the time it is surgically removed.  Now.....YOU HAVE ONLY ONE CHANCE TO GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME......if you are going to have surgery, and it looks like you probably will.....you absolutely must have a gyn/oncologist for your surgeon.....this is their arena of expertise and it is not wise to take even a small chance that something could be missed.  Keep in mind that 98 -99% of all masses are benign....that is the good news!  Still, don't take a chance and regret it later.  Again....you won't know what you are dealing with until you get your pathology report after surgery.  
Hang in there.....keep us posted......we will be happy to wait with you so stay in touch!
Peace.
dian
Thank you for your comments.  Right now I feel I'm probably loaded with cancer.  Friday, June 13, I have a CT scan - from there I suppose there will be a biopsy done by a gyn/oncologist that my gyn has lined up for me.  I am ready to have the whole 'thing' removed.  Thanks again.  I appreciate your comments.