Ovarian Cancer Community
endometrial stripe

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

endometrial stripe

yes i had ultra sound scan i read my reports whic said endometrial stripe measures which read 9.4mm and it said this is slightly prominent, what does this mean
Mine was 17mm!!!  They were concerned enough to biopsy it  (on the spot--OUCH!) and the biopsy came back normal.  They are no longer concerned and chalking it up to PCOS.  I go back in January for a follow-up.
can you tell me exactley what a endometrial stripe means am bit confussed
The endometrial stripe is the lining of your uterus. It grows in thickness during your cycle and is shed when you have your period. If you were just before your period,  If you are pre-menopausal it should be thick just before you get your period (thick meaning about 1cm, which you were under.

Where in your cycle were you? Did you skip a period prior to the ultrasound? If you were within the last two weeks of your monthy cycle, it's perfectly normal.
IS 12- 15 MM NORMAL?

IS THERE A SUCH THING AS A NORMAL MEASUREMENT IN THE ENDOMETRIAL STRIPE?
MY FIRST REPORT SAYS ENDOMETRIAL STRIPE MEASURES 12 MM AND THEN 9 DAYS LATER IT SAYS

THE ENDOMETRIAL COMPLEX MEASURES 15 MM ( COMPLEX???)  RECOMMEND CORRELATION WITH THE PHASE OF THE MENTRUAL CYCLE... WHAT DOS THIS MEAN
I don't know about this - mine always measures 1.1 cm and I have U/S at varying time in my cycle???
i was on a perod at the time of this measure 9.4mm have been bleeding for 7 weeks know, and haveing biosopsy on 29th november
did they say 9.4 mm was soomething that worried them? is there a normal meausrement?
well they said i have have bioposy done on 29th as they found a fibroid on urtrine, they said my endometrial measure was slightly prominent what ever that means dont now as i was to confused at the to ask
I am going to jump in here.. I am 49 and have not reached menopause..I may be peri-menopausal, as my period gets a little irregular lately. Recently I had my period for over a month.. It went away and came back just 2 weeks later.. It is heavy, with clotting, which I may add is not unusual for me to bleed a lot. I went for an ultra sound between periods, just a week before my period.. i got the test results back today and I have to say I an scared. I need to go for a biopsy. My Endometrial Stripe measures 3.7 cm. I go for a biopsy on the 8th of January.. I am so frightened about cancer. I know that's what they are testing for.
But I am holding to the fact that this may be common for a woman my age to go through this without it being cancer.. Am I correct..?? Is this common to go through this for a woman my age..??
Just read this post and thought I would throw my experience in. I had a similar measurement on endometrial stripe and I had a biopsy, which came back negative. They have to check, but said that mine was from my irregular cycles now that I am perimenopausal - I am 50.  Let us know!

Thank you so much for your very positive reply.. I really needed it!
My mom has had this stated in reports for years.  She is now 69 and obviously concerned because I have been dx with ovarian cancer.  She has been seen by several drs. and all agree this doesn't indicate malignancy. Have a great new year!!!!
Thank you hopeshell for the thumbs up.. Here's to a wonderful, healthy New Year to you!
I just got off the phone with my doctor who reported that I have an endometrial stripe measuring 3.5 cm.  She is sending me to specialists for further testing.  I hung up, got freaked out and came on-line to find out more about this.  Sounds like we are in the same boat.  I am 52 and haven't gone through menopause but have been experiencing the same mentrual symptoms you describe.  My plan is to think positively.  Good luck to you!
I am thinking positive thought too.. Unfortunately, my appointment had to rescheduled..Now I have to wait until Jan. 14 for the biopsy, and then another 5 days after that for the results.. The waiting is the hardest part, especially for when the results come in.. That is the scary part, not knowing..
can any body tell me if my uterus fibroid that measures 1.6cm is that any thin to worry about
My Ultrasound came back with my endometrial stripe being 1.6 cm.  I am very concerned.  I am bleeding so bad you can actually watch the blood come out in a stream.  My doctor is out of town and I am considering going to the Emergency Room.  Should I be as scared as I am.  I am 38 with 1 child and my tubes are tied since 2005.  Only on Birth Control for 1987 thru 1991.  What could be causing this and where is the blood coming from?
A related discussion, Uterus lining 4-5cm thick was started.