Ovarian Cancer Community
enlarge periaortic lymphnodes and ovarain masses whats up?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

Started feeling ill (bloating/diarreah/occasional vomitting)last Oct05, still happening. Doctor ran CTScan found Ovarian Mass. Visited Gyno in May he did internal ultrasound found "cyst w/debris". Routine CTscan of my Kidney stones month later found enlarged periaortic lymph nodes. Urologist ordered a Pelvic MRI found two masses on left ovary one cystic fluid filled the other small one represents a possiblee involuting cyst or more chronic cystic changes due to an inflamatory process.  No increase signals on T1 to suggest hemorrhage however their is a "moderate amount of free fluid in the cul de sac region"  So with all those symptoms I think Ovarian Cancer.  Having surgery Aug 9th.  To diagnose this and going under not knowing what to expect meaning I could end up having radical hysterectomy with lymph node removal doc said.  Any input from experienced Ovarian Cancer/Ovarian Cystic veterans out there?  What do you all think?
The one thing we all have in common is that every single one of us goes under not knowing what we are waking up to. That is the one thing we can all relate to. Even those who know they are having a full hyst dont know if they are waking up to cancer and if so what stage. Many of us go under hoping for removal of the cyst and generally an ooperectomy but have been warned that we could loose the whole lot. That is the scary part about this whole process. When you go to hospital for an op you generally know what to expect and what you are going in for - tonsilectomy, broken leg, whatever. We dont! we go to sleep and find out when we wake up and its TERRIFYING!

Anna x
1) Are you pre or post menopausal
2) Where in your cycle (if you are pre) were you when the U/S was taken

Linda
thanks for the comments!  I had three of those u/s right about 1 week post period.  The MRI was done about 10days prior period.  The ovarian masses were incidental findings back in October my family practice found it then the urologist saw it too in May they havent shrunk or gone away that is why they want to go in plus the free fluid in the cul de sac and my elarged lymph nodes they are 1.5 cm.  It could all be coincidental yet the symptoms I was having is what sent me to the doc to begin with.  I was never thinking of Ovarian Cancer just maybe some GI trouble.  Yet once I stumbled across the Ovarian Cancer symptoms and thought that sounds like me.  The radiologist report quotes "these two masses do not demostrate any increased signal on T1 to suggest any hemorrhage.  Thus these probably are not due to endometriosis. A moderate amount of free fluid is seen in the cul de sac region" That report was done 10days before my cycle.
In July of 2004 I thought i was burping a lot & would be talking to the doc at my next yrly exam in Oct.i was a newly wed only 6 mos & trying to get pregnant. then i had terrible ovulation pains 1 night & it goes on from there to 3C ova ca. at first thought it was a cyst but when they did the bikini cut cancer was spread throughout & the cut was hip to hip. everything reproductive,appendix,omentum & lymphnodes were taken,the ca125 was 175! 6 rounds of taxol & carboplatin & another surgery to remove more lymphnodes & I was in remission.