Ovarian Cancer Community
fibroids what happens next

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ovarian cancer, biopsy, chemotherapy, clinical trials, genetics, hysterectomy, immunotherapy, radiation therapy, screening, and staging.

fibroids what happens next

Good News I havnt got OC my CA125 level came back at a normal level of 25, my US showed details of my womb consultant said it's basicaly a funny shape with thickened walls and I have 2 fibroids attatched to each ovary and both non cancerous
he is going to refer me to a genetic specialist to check if I am carrying the gene mutation and it will be upto them if they screen me or take my ovaries away

I have to go back to see my GP today and go through symptoms again severe tiredness bloating (looks like i'm 6-7 months pregnant) weakness throbbing pains in both ovaries more or less constant now back pains etc and she what she thinks

what happens now he did say one of the fibroids on my ovary is 5cm didnt say the size of the other one do I have to put up with all these problems related to the fibroids or will they actually do something about them

anyway I wish you all a merry christmas and a happy new year

ann
I have never heard of fibroids on the ovary, they usually are inside your uterus.  Are you sure they aren't cysts on your ovaries?  I had a dozen or so fibroids in my uterus, and had a hysterectomy because they were pushing on my bladder, and I had a mass on my left ovary.
Congradulations on not having OC! What a relief. My understanding is there are lots of options for uterine fibroids - medication surgery, etc. You might want to "google"  them and see what you come up with....
Hi thanks for your comment, to be honest the oncolagist didnt give me much info he read through the fax from the US team and basicaly said yes your fine this and that one are benign tumors and you have a couple of fibroids strange shaped uterus and thickened walls

I saw my GP yesterday and she said she will wait for the report and go through it with me but cant tell me what will happen as she needs to find out where the fibroids are and which ones they are, she cant put me on hrt for fibroids or the early menopause she thinks i'm going through so looks like it will be hysterectomy and to go back middle of january
I did ask her to examine my adbomen as it is bloated and looks like I am heavily pregnant but she gave me some tablets for IBS

I have known from the start the there was a solid mass on my right ovary and the oncologist just said it was a fibroid and I dont know much about these things to question him other than that I dont know anymore other than the tumors are benign

thanks ann